You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Senior Logistics/ Freight Specialist
Sourcing & Supply Chain
Logistics & supply chain management
In a nutshell
Sourcing & Supply Chain
Logistics & supply chain management
Introduction to the job
Cymer, LLC., an ASML Holding company, is an American company headquartered in San Diego, California. Cymer is the largest supplier of deep ultraviolet light sources used by chipmakers to pattern advanced semiconductor chips or integrated circuits. In line with our expansion, we are looking for dedicated, independent and highly motivated individual for the position of Senior Logistics/ Freight Specialist.
Leads and manages regional customer accounts for quotations, sales order acceptance, service parts shipments and RMA’s returns that meet the strategic, competitive, and internal needs of the company. Interacts with customers prior to and/or after sale. Coordinates with various functions within the company to ensure customer requests are handled appropriately and in a timely manner. Positively affects the relationship between the company and a customer, from a financial and product standpoint. Serves as liaison between sales and operations teams to coordinate product availability. Champions customer issues to cross-functional departments including Planning, Tech Support, Manufacturing, and Finance. May provide oversight to junior team members.
Organizes and handles a variety of logistics issues in a manufacturing environment.Duties involve but are not limited to supply chain services, inventory control, critical parts availability, material handling, import-export licensing, shipment of products, and third-party warehousing.Evaluates customer support and field service commitments to ensure customer requirements are met.Serves as liaison between sales and operations teams to develop concepts and coordinate product knowledge; provides data analysis for production planning and volume studies; and participates in process/rating improvement efforts.Assists in developing logistics plans and procedures.
Role and responsibilities
- Processes orders in Oracle for all servicepart type transactions; revenue, warranty, replenishment, contract,consignment, and returns.
- Performs on-line order entry on 3PLwarehousing Website for part shipments. Manages and owns all aspects oflabor billing for region, including any reconciliation and reportingrequired.
- Communicates daily via phone or email toCustomers, Field Service Engineers, Acct. Mgr’s, and 3PL.
- Develops appropriate controls andperformance measures to assist in the accomplishment of team’s objectives.
- Supports Field Service Engineers andAccount Managers for equipment line downs. Expedites and resolves problems.
- Strong knowledge of Customer contracts,Service Agreements, and commitments required.
- Prepares quotations and tracks service partorders from shipment to fulfillment as needed.
- Creates and analyzes departmental reportingof regional activity and provides solutions for improvement; managesfollow-up.
- Resolves invoice issues with Finance asrequired.
- Provide data and support as requested by the finance team and auditors during internal and external audits
- Responsible for creatingpolicy/process improvements and updates.
- Responsible for customsand trade compliance including strategic material handling, KCR etc.
- Works cross-functionally with RegionalLogistics, Tech Support, Manufacturing, Spares Planning, Shipping andGlobal Trade Solutions to resolve logistics issues associated with demand,quality or delivery.
- Executes allocation decisions regardingcritical tools, service parts, and upgrade deliveries to best meet servicerequirements, revenue goals, and regional stocking needs.
- Responsible for developing performancemetrics, reporting tools to enhance department efficiency as well ascreation of ad-hoc analysis, reporting.
- Responsible for analyzing inventoryusage/business needs and provides recommendations to optimize sparesinventory.
- Designs and develops methodologies toforecast regional spares inventory (consignment, service, strategic),spares usage (revenue, warranty, service contract), and service toolrequirements.
- Controls allocation decisions regardingcritical tools, service parts, and upgrade deliveries to best meet servicerequirements, revenue goals, and regional stocking needs.
- Analyzes inventory usage/business needs andreviews recommendations to optimize spares inventory.
- May provide leadership and direction toless experienced Logistics Analysts.
Education and experience- Bachelor's Degree (Logistics or Supply Chain Management preferred) with the at least 8 years of related working experience
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Excellent written and verbal communicationskills.
- Ability to translate, statistically analyzedata, and effectively report problems through written and/or graphicalformats.
- Excellent customer service skills, with anadvanced understanding of customer relationship building.
- Ability to use MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint,and electronic e-mail systems.
- Requires advanced knowledge of inventoryplanning.
- Requires advanced ability to applyprinciples, techniques, and methods in managing inventory.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts suchas discounts, interest, proportions, percentages.
- Requires ability to evaluate indented BOMstructures.
- Requires excellent customer service,negotiation and follow-up skills.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks in afast paced working environment.
- Knowledge of freight, transportation andlogistics industry required.
- Ability to work independently on jobfunctions and departmental tasks.
- Ability to perform both Macro andMicroanalysis.
- Requires ability to apply, interpret andpresent data to internal and external customers, management and executivestaff.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.