You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Senior Manager, Media Relations
Other corporate functions
Other job categories
In a nutshell
San Diego - CA, US
Other corporate functions
Other job categories
Introduction to the job
The focus of this job is on financial/corporate and technology media. Important drivers areincreasing our employer brand awareness, supporting our government relations efforts as well as supporting issues communications activities (mostly led from Veldhoven). You write press releases, do background briefings, arrange media interviews and interact with journalists from the US and international locations. You have a high affinity for technology, a keen eye for global economic and political developments and exceptional communication skills.
In this role, business understanding is a prerequisite for getting a good story together. You demonstrate the ability to recognize business goals and contribute to them. You are able to maintain an open and honest relationship with the media, at all times, also when the debate is heated and the stakes are high – as happens sometimes. You know what it takes to represent ASML and to be part of the team. With all of this, you keep your focus on what’s really valuable.
You will work in close cooperation with the US Communications team and the global media team at our headquarters in Veldhoven, the Netherlands. You are a member of ASML’s international media team. You will also work directly with key stakeholders and senior US leaders, such as our site leadership team members, regional spokespeople and head of US government affairs.
The location of this role can be any of our major U.S. sites, including San Diego or San Jose, Calif., Wilton, Ct. or Chandler, Ariz.
Role and responsibilities
- Build, protect and enhance ASML’s reputation through proactive and reactive media relations and impactful strategic messaging
- Manage ASML’s US media relations program and ensure alignment with corporate goals, processes and policy/guidelines
- Develop and nurture relationships with tier-one business and technology press in the US; conduct proactive and reactive media outreach
- Act as main US spokesperson; write press releases and announcements, coordinate interviews for US experts/spokespeople
- Assist in design and development of issues communications and US government affairs strategy
- Collaborate with US and global Communications colleagues, US senior leaders, and other key stakeholders on highly sensitive, reputation-related themes and topics
- Translate corporate quarterly financial results into locally/regionally relevant messages
- Provide high-level strategic communications thinking and advice to the organization and team members
- Manage US-based PR communications agencies, regularly assessing performance and guiding the right strategic mix of owned/earned/shared approaches, as well as consulting on paid approaches
- Manage budgets, working closely with global content and communications heads and finance/procurement teams
- Track analytics and share reports on media coverage and impact; regularly report to leadership on progress against agreed-upon KPIs
- Develop executive and subject matter expert spokesperson bench, from media readiness to crisis communications training
- Other duties as assigned
- Job description subject to change at any time
Education and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Business or other relevant field or equivalent combination of education and/or experience
- Master’s degree a plus
- Science/technology background a plus
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant experience in media relations, journalism, communications or related field
- A high affinity for technology and finance
- Experience with issues management
- Ability to translate complex (technical) content into meaningful and engaging language
- Strong stakeholder management experience working with executive levels in an international environment and the ability to influence and network
- Proven ability to manage internal and external resources and implement multiple projects across geographical and business/product areas
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Strong oral and written communication skills; clear, concise and professional
- Ability to drive action in uncertain or evolving situations; processes new information quickly and adjust strategies; accordingly, displays situational adaptability
- Experience working with colleagues across multiple regions/locations
- Understanding of our industry and ability to interpret new developments in relation to ASML
- Creative problem solver, able to build strong relationships and networks and effectively engage and manage stakeholders including the ability to drive, convince and influence others
- Ability to perform under time pressure and stress
- An individual who thrives in a collaborative environment
- Results driven - demonstrates ownership and accountability and delivers on commitments with a sense of urgency and attention to detail
- Resilient, proactive
- Sets targets and priorities effectively and efficiently
- Interpersonal influence: builds trust and rapport with communications colleagues, senior business leaders and other partners; pursues goals in constructive and assertive way; explores potential solutions during disagreements and searches for the win-win
- Proficient use of all Microsoft Office suite programs
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
The California base annual salary/hourly range for this role is currently $135,000.00 -$225,000.00. Pay scales are determined by role, level, location and alignment with market data. Individual pay is determined through interviews and an assessment of several factors that that are unique to each candidate, including but not limited to, job-related skills, relevant education and experience, certifications, abilities of the candidate and pay relative to other team members. Our recruiters can share more information about our bonus program, benefits and equity during the hiring process.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.