You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Senior Manufacturing Team Lead (Supervisor)
In a nutshell
San Diego - CA, US
Introduction to the job
ASML US, including its affiliates and subsidiaries, brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Ariz., San Jose and San Diego, Calif., Wilton, Conn., and Hillsboro, Oregon.
The Manufacturing Supervisor oversees one of the production departments in the DUV factory. Acts as the primary point of contact to all personnel in the department area(s) to ensure safe and efficient production. May coordinate daily with planning, manufacturing, and quality engineering to execute manufacturing schedules and tasks.
1st Shift - Monday - Friday, 6:00am - 2:30pm
Role and responsibilities
Directs the development and implementation of personnel and activities in production area(s) to meet safety standards, production goals, quality, and cost objectives.Prioritizes production schedules based on product introduction, equipment efficiency, materials and supplies.Plans and administers procedures and budgets.Makes budgetary recommendations regarding and, at higher levels, controls capital expenditures and direct/indirect labor.Develops schedules and manpower requirements for assigned areas.Selects, develops, and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
- Administers and assistswith implementing policies and processes that affect staff.
- Typically leads, directs,and may perform work of the function supervised except in escalatedsituations.
- May maintain departmentaldaily work schedule to ensure project and time commitments are met.
- Ensures productionschedules are met and escalates when those schedules are not going to bemet.
- Oversees cycle countingand inventory accuracy.
- May act as interface withFinance Department for inventory audits or physical inventory counts.
- May assist the ProductionManager to analyze MRP data upon forecast introduction for capacityconstraints.
- Supports change orderimplementation with support from Engineering staff.
- Assists in shop floorcontrol insuring a safe working environment.
- Ensures positive materialflow in order to avoid stock-outs and escalates in the event of anymaterial issues.
- Ensures productionschedules are met and escalates accordingly when those schedules are notgoing to be met.
- Executes continuousimprovement and Lean initiatives to ensure optimum production performance.
- Audits execution of documentedprocesses.
- Performs other duties asassigned.
Supervision and Interaction
Supervises day-to-day activities of unit and/or sub units within a department. Typically supervises a staff of support/ technician employees in an organization characterized by high transactions or processes but may also supervise professional individual contributors. May become actively involved in daily activities of the function, as required, to meet schedules and resolve issues. Interaction normally requires the ability to gain cooperation of others and present concerning specific projects or schedules.
Education and experience
- AA Degree or current student working towards a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required.
- Bachelor’s degree in applicable field or equivalent experience desired.
- Thorough knowledge of the processes. Point person to resolve issues elevated by support personnel.
- Typically has 3+ years of related work experience; prior management/team lead experience desired.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
1st Shift - Monday - Friday, 6:00am - 2:30pm
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Thephysical demands described here are representative of those that must bemet by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of thisjob. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals withdisabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Whileperforming the duties of this job, the employee routinely is required tosit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop,kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch.
- Theemployee is occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Theemployee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Mayrequire travel dependent on business needs.
- Specificvision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision,peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Canwork under deadlines.
- Theenvironment generally is moderate in temperature and noise level.
- Mustbe willing to work in a clean room environment, wearing coveralls, hoods,booties, safety glasses and gloves for entire duration of shift.
- Canobserve and respond to people and situations and interact with othersencountered in the course of work.
- Canlearn and apply new information or skills.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.