You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Senior Mechatronics Engineer
Research & development
In a nutshell
San Jose - CA, US
Research & development
Introduction to the jobThe Mechatronics Engineer position is set to play an important role in the overall wafer flow of our SEM (Scanning Electron Microscope) systems, including wafer handling in atmosphere, wafer clamping and wafer positioning in vacuum. In addition, overall system performance must be characterized in order to optimize overall performance and better understand the multi-physics interactions that affect these extremely sensitive systems.
This position may require access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require the Company to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Role and responsibilities
- Operate in an extremely requirements driven environment where specifications need to be well established, design details and tradeoffs need to be accurately captured and objective testing needs to confirm adherence.
- Firm understanding of motion control systems, closed loop feedback operation, servo loop tuning, actuation systems and feedback devices.
- A fundamental understanding of multi-physics systems including kinematics, statics, dynamics, vibration, electro-magnetics and thermodynamics in various pressure environments.
- Ability to device experiments using various sensing modalities, performing data processing and analysis and constructing conclusive data analysis and presentation.
- Collaborate within the team, as well as with external teams in a matrix style engineering organization.
- Performing hands-on testing in non-clean room and clean room labs on either complete systems or sub-systems and sub-modules.
- Working with external and internal suppliers of the components and modules that make up the totality of wafer flow.
- Manage the overall hardware structure (BOM) of the modules that provide wafer flow.
Education and experience
- MS degree or higher in a mechatronics and/or multi-physics related field.
- Minimum five (5) years of relevant work related experience in motion control centric capital equipment.
- Experience with modeling and analysis engineering software such as Matlab/Simulink, Ansys/Comsol etc.
- Experience with high precision and mission critical capital equipment in high volume manufacturing (semiconductor preferred). Both hands-on lab experience as well theoretical analysis of design and troubleshooting problems.
- Experience with technical writing of requirements, design specifications and test plans.
- Can multi-task to achieve success.
- Can make technical decisions based on a good understanding of design scope, timeline and cost.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Independent working ability; strong initiative, self-motivation and team-working attitude Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work. Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability. Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
TheCalifornia base annual salary/hourly range for this role is currently $107,625.00-$179,375.00. Pay scales are determined by role, level, location and alignment withmarket data. Individual pay is determined through interviews and anassessment of several factors that that are unique to each candidate,including but not limited to, job-related skills, relevant education andexperience, certifications, abilities of the candidate and pay relative toother team members. Our recruiters can share more information about our bonusprogram, benefits and equity during the hiring process.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.