You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Senior Software Engineering Manager
Research & development
Computer science & software engineering
In a nutshell
San Jose - CA, US
Research & development
Computer science & software engineering, Electrical engineering, Mechanical engineering
Introduction to the job
Sr. Manager of UI/UX Software team to develop, hire, and lead the UI/UX Software team’s growth in capacity, competence, and excellence, and to drive towards concurrent collaboration, goals, and deliverables as an integrable part of the software engineering group.
This position may require access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require the Company to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Role and responsibilities
- Manage and drive the team’s goals and deliverables aligned with product releases and technology roadmap with quality and do-the-right-thing mindset
- Attract talents and on-board high-caliber recruits to build up the resources required by deliverables and growth targets
- Develop leadership and groom leaders in the team
- Work and lead by example in a cross-functional team environment to resolve dependencies and address technical challenges
- Foster team development in both software as well as domain-specific knowledge and expertise to position for growth and embrace challenges
- Bring relevant experiences, unique expertise, and technical excellence in software technology and quality to further enrich and strengthen our software community
- Instill and uphold ASML’s high performance standard and productivity culture, and continue to challenge the teams to grow in accordance to ASML values
Education and experience
- M.S. or Ph.D. in computer science, electrical engineering, or related filed
- Minimum 10 years relevant experiences in the software industry, semiconductor related software experiences preferred
- Minimum 5 years of technical and/or people management
- 5 years of in-depth experiences in C# and Object Oriented Programming, with in-depth and intimate understanding of UI/UX designs to satisfy user requirements
- Hands-on knowledge of industry known software tools or products the candidate has had directly involved in their development experiences
- Must be experienced with large-scale software development and release processes
- Strong communication skills, and ability to influence others both inside and outside of the team/organization
- Strong knowledge in software architecture design, OOD and design patterns.
- Experiences in .Net, WinForm, WPF, QT, Java, and Python UI//UX related functionalities
- Experienced with Git, Agile workflow and software development life cycle (SDLC).
- Knowledge of image processing, real time programming or semiconductor equipment control is a plus.
- Knowledge of multi-platform (Windows and Linux) programming experiences is a plus including multiple platform communications (e.g., socket protocols, gRPC, etc.)
- Experience with hardware and software integration is a plus.
- Strong quality-of-result focus, customer-oriented mindset, and innate leadership quality
- Technically savvy and can process complex data and ideas involving different domains
- Able to preach and practice software engineering concepts and knowledge with fundamentally sound and in-depth skillset
- Manage with experiences in both people as well as technology in small-to-medium sized teams in a high-growth and dynamic, matrixed environment
- Motivate direct reports and influence and drive others with energetic and infectious leadership style
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads.
- Demonstrate ownership and accountability, and able to challenge oneself
Identifies bottlenecks, dependencies, and drives improvements with timeline
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
- Location:San Jose, California
- May require international travel depending on business needs (1~2 times/year).
- Manage a team of minimally 15~20 people, own the team’s deliverables, and be responsible for the team’s competency and development
- Work directly with internal and external customers and stakeholders in a process-driven but dynamic environment
The California base annual salary/hourly range for this role is currently $182,250.00 -$303,750.00. Pay scales are determined by role, level, location and alignment with market data. Individual pay is determined through interviews and an assessment of several factors that that are unique to each candidate, including but not limited to, job-related skills, relevant education and experience, certifications, abilities of the candidate and pay relative to other team members. Our recruiters can share more information about our bonus program, benefits and equity during the hiring process.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.