You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Simulation Principal Engineer
Computer science & software engineering
Other job categories
In a nutshell
Data science, Computer science & software engineering, Other job categories
Introduction to the job
As Simulation Principle Engineer at Wafer Fab Simulation Team, you will be responsible for develop Wafer Fab Simulation models and analytic tools. You will analyze the operational scanner performance data (availability, productivity, long-term downs) and develop the simulation solutions using the cutting-edge techniques to optimize the wafer fab operations within ASML and with our global customers. You will be collaborating with a cross-functional team in global to design and build the wafer fab simulation solutions. You are required constantly to learn new front-tier technology and creatively apply/deliver solutions to global operations to enable ASML to continue to lead in this competitive landscape.
Role and responsibilities
- Develop waferfab simulation models for photo scanner availability and efficiencyanalysis in partnership with ASML Business Lines/Sectors and our globalcustomers
- Develop highquality data analytics that generates the required technical and businessinsights to enable decision-making and drive appropriate actions
- Identifyopportunities, innovative solutions and frontier ideas to improve scanneravailability, productivity and reduce variability for our global customers
- Technicalengagement and partnership with external groups (universities, simulationvendors)
- Work with global cross functionalteams of system engineering, CS, architects, project lead, regional engineersand D&E in a collaborative manner to develop a new wafer-fabsimulation solution
- Provide technology leadership toyield innovative differentiating solutions for wafer fab simulation.
- Create the decision support toolsbased on wafer fab simulation and models.
- Use advanced AI/ML techniqueslike deep reinforcement learning to solve the complex problems, such assimulation-based wafer fab optimization, operation variabilityoptimization.
- Work closely with CS andcustomers on data management, taking an idea, accessing and preparingnecessary data, work with other teams/suppliers to create wafer fabsimulation modes, develop it into an application with intuitive userinterface and demonstrate successful use cases and wins, etc.
Education and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in industrialengineering, data science, computer science/engineering, or related fieldis required.
- PhD will be an advantage (PhD in related field of Planning, AI, Statistic, modelling and simulation is a strong advantage)
- 8+ years of experience in semiconductorindustries.
- Strong knowledge in the modeling and simulation of wafer fab operations in conjunction with queuing theory and IE techniques.
- Good knowledge in programming languages (e.g. C#/C++, Python, Scala, SQL, etc).
- Strong understanding of data engineering and big data infrastructure, and visualization tools (e.g. Tableau, Power BI, Python visualization library, Angular JS).
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Strong problem-solving skills with logical approach
- Passion and accountability for the environment you will be responsible for
- The proven ability and willingness to continuously learn and improve skills.
- Effective oral and written communication in English with strong analytical, problem solving, multitasking and project management skills are essential on the job.
- Proven track record to perform in an environment characterized by volatility, uncertainty, complexity, and ambiguity
- Excellent knowledge in planning and operation and strong analytical skills in semiconductor manufacturing
- Ability to assume high exposure responsibilities and interact with senior leadership
- Results-oriented, with a growth mindset and strong dedication to identify and implement improvement opportunities
- Strong influencing skills and the ability to build strong interpersonal relationships
- Experience with technical mentoring, collaboration, communication, goal setting, and a growth of positive mindset
- Ability to work through ambiguous situations to drive work solution/product delivery
- Able and willing to travel overseas (minimum 25% or higher)
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.