You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Software Engineer Trusted Information Broker
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
Introduction to the job
For ASML, data is an asset which has a high business value and which we need to protect and properly manage. Access to the data that is generated by our equipment and compute systems needs to be managed in a controlled way and in line with expectations from and agreements with our customers.
Do you have a passion for data and developing advanced solutions to properly manage and protect data access? Are you eager to learn and further develop yourself in a company that is continuously developing the most advanced machines in the world? Then you may be the person we are looking for!
Vast amounts of data are generated by ASML equipment that is used by our customers in their semiconductor factories. This data is used (by both ASML as well as our customers) for many different use cases, e.g. to diagnose problems with the equipment, to do equipment performance monitoring, and to support the maintenance process and to improve equipment performance by creating control loops. Next to that it is also used as input for the development of our next generation of machines.
Since this data represents a lot of value, it is crucial that this value is properly protected (i.e. protect ASML and our customer’s Intellectual Property) The trusted information broker is a crucial building block in our overall machine data pipeline. It has to ensure that we are able to allow access to machine data in line with agreements made, which can be by filtering or anonymizing data.
Role and responsibilities
As a Software Engineer Trusted Information Broker you will be part of the team that is actually developing and managing the building block trusted information broker.
You will develop high quality software deliverables using container technology and a modern programming language (Go). You will also ensure that software artifacts are correctly deployed within our overall software landscape. Where needed you will support in analyzing and solving issues.
Over time this role can be expanded towards development of other software components within the Data Governance and access functional cluster.
You will also proactively come up with suggestions for improvements based on feedback from users, architects and domain experts.
• Develop, test and maintain high quality, robust software artifacts that are required for the trusted information broker building block, using container technology and Go as programming language
• Execute proper deployment of software artifacts into a workable solution
• Identify issues and gaps and develop solutions to resolve these
• Document all developed software solutions
• Proactively define improvement proposals to improve performance, functionality and/or quality of the trusted information broker building block.
Education and experience
• Bachelors or master’s degree in Computer Science / Engineering, Informatics, Information Technology or equivalent
• Preferably 4-8 years relevant work experience within a highly complex technical field, preferably in dealind with machine data
• Hands on experience with container technologies like Podman (preferred) or Docker as well as container orchestrators like Kubernetes
• Proficient in Go programming
• Knowledge of build automation technologies – creating and maintaining CI/CD pipelines using either GitHub Actions, Atlassian Bamboo or Jenkins
• Strong understanding of Source Code Management branching strategies and the use of Git / Bitbucket / GitHub
• Knowledge of Linux
• Knowledge of test automation frameworks and Polarion is an advantage
• Understanding of data access and data security processes and preferably also tools.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues.
There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
• A strong go-getter mentality with a hands-on focus
• Motivated and enthusiastic team player
• Proactive personality who can deal with resistance
• Good communication skills
• Technical affinity and ability to quickly learn
• Ability to perform in high-pressure environments
• Strong client-orientation and commitment to excellence.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
This position requires access to U.S. controlled technology, as defined in the United States Export Administration Regulations. Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such U.S. controlled technology prior to beginning work.
ASML does not accept unsolicited resumes from any agencies that have not signed a mutual service agreement. All unsolicited resumes will be considered ASML’s property, and ASML will not be obligated to pay a referral fee. This includes resumes submitted directly to hiring managers without contacting the Resource Center Department.
ASML is GDPR compliant, therefore we cannot process applications sent outside of our recruitment system.
If you are interested in this vacancy please apply.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.