You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Software Test Engineer Intern
Research & development
Computer science & software engineering
In a nutshell
San Jose - CA, US
Research & development
No experience (Student)
Computer science & software engineering, Physics, Electrical engineering
Introduction to the job
As a Software Engineer in Test, you will be responsible for designing, creating, and executing comprehensive software tests, verifications and test automation to assure high quality of ASML products to customers. You will be challenged with high skill quality testing methodologies in concurrent computing software architecture environment. You will have the opportunity to work with software developers, hardware engineers and the application engineering organization on a regular basis.
Role and responsibilities
- Design, develop, and improve automation framework and/or test cases under supervision of senior SW engineer.
- Identify risk and escalate to direct report timely.
Education and experience
- College students pursuing BS,MS, or Ph.D in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, Applied Mathematics, Physics, Applied Physics
- Proficient in one of programming language : Python, C/C++, Java
- Working in Unix environment is preferred.
- Good numerical analysis and logic thinking skills
- Excellent problem solving and trouble shooting skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proactive with a strong sense of ownership
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Role within Office
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel (specify domestic and/or international) dependent on business needs – specify percentage of travel.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.