You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Software Test Engineer
In a nutshell
San Jose - CA, US
Introduction to the job
We are looking for a highly motivated, hands-on technical individual to support our state-of-the-art products. This position will be in our Platform SQA (Software Quality Assurance) organization. The Platform SDET is responsible for designing, creating and writing Test Plan Specification (TPS) for new features, automating the test cases for on-going regression testing with advanced test framework and scripting languages. The team works closely with software developers, marketing, PEG, PL, other SQA teams, and HPC admins; therefore, this job provides a broad exposure to whole pictures of different products. This job also provides excellent career development opportunities thanks to its wide work scope
Role and responsibilities
- We are looking for a self-motivated individual with strong technical and communication skills, as well as a deep curiosity about software quality. As a member of the Platform SQA team, you will be responsible for designing, creating, and executing software test plan and test cases in functional, performance, reliability, linearity and system integrations testing across a variety of software platforms in assuring high quality of ASML’s world-class product. You are passionate about releasing quality products and ensuring defect free deliveries. You run functional and regression tests to ensure new features meet requirements. You will be challenged with high skill quality testing methodologies in concurrent computing software architecture environment. You will have the opportunity to work with software developers, hardware engineers and the application engineering organization on a regular basis.
- Review requirements, specifications and software design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback.
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Estimate, prioritize and plan testing activities.
- Design, develop and execute automation scripts.
- Detect, record and verify bugs.
- Perform and analyze regression tests.
- Perform regular root cause analysis for any missing bugs and develop improvement plans.
- Develop new test tools
- Very strong understanding of software lifecycle and quality engineering methodology
- Detail-oriented, process-driven, demonstrate good capability to create test plan and test cases with high functionality requirement coverage
- Contribute as individual contributor in a strong team both onsite and offshore
Education and experience
- PhD or Master’sdegree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics or anyrelated engineering
Advanced degree ispreferred
- 0 to 2 years ofexperience in commercial software product development and/or testing
- Good understandingof operating system, concurrent computing, client/server architecture,network protocols, and file system management.
- Experience with highperformance computing architecture, cloud computing and computing resourcemanagement
- Knowledge ofUnix/Linux and Unix shell scripting
- Proficientprogramming skills in any scripting language(s), including Python, Perl,etc
- Knowledge of RobotFramework is preferred.
- Working experienceon HPC environment or Azure Cloud is a plus.
- Knowledge on opticsor microlithography is definitely a good plus.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.
- This position islocated on-site in San Jose, CA. It requires onsite presence to attendin-person work-related events, trainings and meetings and to furtherensure teamwork, collaboration and innovation. (Important to insertadditional onsite language specific to the role: i.e., inspection,specific training and supervision, etc.)
- A flexible workplacearrangement may be available to employees working in roles conducive toremote work (up to two days a week).
- Routinely requiredto sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel;stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required tomove around the campus.
- U.S. Flexible Workpolicy may be available to employees who work in conductiveroles.Mutually-beneficial alternative work arrangementmust be approved by manager – hybrid working Model.
- Specific visionabilities required by this job include close vision, color vision,peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Work according to astrict set of procedures within the provided timelines.