You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Source Configuration Engineer
Research & development
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
San Diego - CA, US
Research & development
Other technical job categories
Introduction to the job
ASML US, including its affiliates and subsidiaries, bring together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
This position may require access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require the Company to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Role and responsibilities
The Source Configuration Engineer (SCE) drives the valid configuration compliancy of our test systems during the integration and verification phase.Working with the Source Configuration Architect (SCA), you manage the valid configuration (VC) definitions of a product and its preliminary versions for its integration and verification while releasing the configuration to Manufacturing and Service.The SCE is also responsible for monitoring systems in manufacturing, and the field for correct configuration and providing reports on status.
- Create and manage Proto test rig BOMs, and engineering change orders
- Maintain, describe and align the Valid Configuration (VC) Definitions of a product and its preliminary versions for its integration and verification. Release to Manufacturing and Service.
- Translate system configurations into traceable critical configuration items with expected and actual values per configuration on proto and production systems.
- Drive compliance of the first of a kind systems to 100%. Analyze and report on the deviations.
- Share configuration management expertise and enable usage of Configuration Management in other processes
- Capture, Maintain and Guard the list of Critical Configuration Items (CCI) per product, being HW/SW/settings that distinguish VC’s/system performance.
- Advise on product release status based on configuration data
- Assess and resolve compliancy issues from factory and field systems
Education and experience
- BS in an Engineeringdiscipline, or Physics.
- Minimum 2 - 5 years of relevantexperience
- Knowledge of SAP helpful
- Multi-Discipline engineeringexperience a plus.
- Experience with MechanicalEngineering, Aerospace Engineering, integration, test, or technicalsupport of large complex systems.
- Analytically strong,enthusiastic, flexible, assertive, proactive, structured.
- Demonstrated Ability andwillingness to travel for work visiting local sites for short periods(max. 2 weeks/year).
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Can observe and respond tostakeholders and situations while interacting with others.
- Strong customer focus andcommitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality,efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignmentswith attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to performeffectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads.
- Identifies bottlenecks anddrives improvements.
- Work independently or as partof a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear,concise and professional communication.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
The California base annual salary / hourly range for this role is currently $66,000 - $110,000. Pay scales are determined by role, level, location and alignment with market data. Individual pay is determined through interviews and an assessment of several factors that that are unique to each candidate, including but not limited to, job-related skills, relevant education and experience, certifications, abilities of the candidate and pay relative to other team members. Our recruiters can share more information about our bonus program, benefits and equity during the hiring process.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.