You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Sourcing Project Lead
Sourcing & Supply Chain
Other job categories
In a nutshell
San Diego - CA, US
Sourcing & Supply Chain
Other job categories
Introduction to the job
The Sourcing Project Lead (PL) is a key figure in the Sourcing organization, providing project management support to ensure the effective and efficient introduction and a smooth ramp-up of new products in the Supply Chain, according to ASML’s Product Generation Process (PGP).The scope is the orchestration of PGP deliverables from the Sourcing sector that are required for prototypes, pilots and volume deliveries from ASML’s Supply Chain, across all relevant project teams and involved suppliers.The prime focus is on “complex parts” but there are also coordination activities necessary for non-complex parts.In addition to New Product Introductions (NPI’s), other types of projects supported include outsourcing and cost reduction projects.Another important aspect of the position is to help the head of Sourcing oversee and manage overall cost reduction progress per platform.
This position will be based in San Diego, CA.It requires onsite presence to attend in-person work-related events, trainings and meetings and to further ensure teamwork, collaboration and innovation.A flexible workplace arrangement may be available to employees working in roles conducive to remote work (up to two days a week).
This position may require access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require the Company to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Role and responsibilities
- Monitor & drive end to end project execution across line functions and across suppliers according to ASML’s PGP process.
- Provide Sourcing integrated planning (activities, milestones, resources) throughout all project phases towards BL / PDM / Procurement / D&E (SCE) / GLS (LSM).
- Support project team members by helping them remove all bottlenecks/constraints that block program progress.
- Drive the definition of the complex parts (CPL) per program across Procurement, D&E (SCE) and GLS (LSM), across involved suppliers and Strategic Product Family Teams (SPFT’s).
- Monitor & drive Cost of Goods towards Business Target in BL and across SPFT’s/Supplier account teams.
- Coordinate Supply Management deliverables:
- Complex Part List, Make/Buy Decisions, Supplier Selection, Contracting Suppliers, Quality, Logistics, Technology and Cost (QLTC) target setting & realization, Supplier Cost: CoG roadmaps (DMM) & Investments (Process NRE / Tooling and Move Rate investments).
- Interface with D&E Supply Chain Engineering for their deliverables:
- Statement of Work, Manufacturing Flow, FMEA, TPD Acceptance by Supplier, Proto Evaluation, Test Coverage Documents, Parts Quality Report, Costing (PP3).
- Interface with Logistics (GLS/LSM) for their deliverables.
- Move Rate / Capacity, Flexibility, Cycle Time.
- Signal financial consequences of supply chain resources (tools, facilities, manpower) and supplier cost (CoG roadmaps, Process NRE and Tooling).
Education and experience
- Bachelor’s degree is required, strongly preferred to be in a technical field.
- MBA or graduate degree is preferred unless candidate has at least 7 years of related experience in management of complex large-scale projects, preferably related to Sourcing.
- Experience working with high-tech NPI processes is highly desirable
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Charisma and enthusiasm are important, as is the ability to influence and lead.
- Candidate must be highly organized and self-directed.
- Professional, excellent communication skills are essential.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
The California base annual salary/hourly range for this role is currently $114,000 - $190,000.00. Pay scales are determined by role, level, location and alignment with market data. Individual pay is determined through interviews and an assessment of several factors that that are unique to each candidate, including but not limited to, job-related skills, relevant education and experience, certifications, abilities of the candidate and pay relative to other team members. Our recruiters can share more information about our bonus program, benefits and equity during the hiring process.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.