You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Sr. Application Design and Development Engineer
Sales & marketing
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
San Jose - CA, US
Sales & marketing
Other technical job categories
Introduction to the job
ASML US, including its affiliates and subsidiaries, bring together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
Role and responsibilities
A design engineer within D&E (Development and Engineering) organization and be part of product teams to develop new and/or improve applications for FAB process improvement. You will be responsible to develop EB (Electron Beam) based functions and/or modules of products. You will need to lead the development through qualification to ensure the product performance.
The role demands you to deeply understand customer use case and utilize all possible resources across ASML to innovate the most efficient and effective solutions. The role requires close collaboration with Marketing, Program, Customer-Service and D&E departments.
This position may require access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require the Company to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
As a design engineer, you will:
- hands-on HMI advanced tools for feasibility and new software application prototyping.
- driving proto type qualification by leading integration strategy, planning and test execution.
- lead the product design and perform detail sub-function break down for implementation.
- interface between internal engineering team and external partner.
- manage communication/documentation for new applications/procedures for quality release.
- support and lead new application/solution demo and application development activities.
- engage with the customer for both new product introduction and new business opportunities.
- analyze, develop and transfer new applications/solution to customer support team.
- look for opportunities to improve scanner performance with SEM applications.
- other duties as assigned
Education and experience
- M.Sc. and above in Electrical Electronics Engineering, Physics, Materials Science and Engineering.
- 8+ years of relevant work experience.
- Knowledge of electron beam microscopy especially on scanning and wafer interaction.
- Knowledge of computational platform and tool software/firmware control.
- Knowledge of factory automation connectivity with respect to tool, recipe and data flow.
- Familiar with EB applications in semiconductor industry metrology and/or inspection.
- Semiconductor process technology, and related fields or equivalent experience.
- Familiar scripting in Matlab, Python, R-code and C++ in Linux/Unix.
- experience on building wafer fab application in HVM production is plus.
- Having product development experience in ASML is a strong plus.
- Having project management experience is strong plus.
- Having algorithm development experience is plus.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Able to communicate effectively with different internal stakeholders and customer directly.
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in demanding environment with changing workloads.
- Ability to analyze results toward performance budge breakdown.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision. Strong self-driven and result quality orientated.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.