You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Sr FPGA Design Engineer - Guaranteed sign on bonus and relocation
Research & development
In a nutshell
Wilton - CT, US
Research & development
Introduction to the job
Join ASML Wilton today to receive your sign on bonus and relocation.
*Offer valid for Wilton, CT new hire offers made between now and June 30, 2023.
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Role and responsibilities
The FPGA Firmware Engineer will work with a team of specialists who will be responsible for developing, testing, and supporting electronics boards or sub-systems. The engineer will be responsible for definition, design, verification and documentation for FPGA’s (Field Programmable Gate Arrays). They will provide RTL design, simulation, physical implementation and verification of complex FPGA modules comprising a mix of custom RTL with hard and soft vendor IP cores within a larger architecture.
- Determine architecture, system verification and detailed design approach.
- Define module interfaces and all aspects of device design and simulation coordinated with the PC Board Designers.
- Evaluate the process flow including but not limited to high level design, synthesis, place and route, timing constraints and power utilization.
- Develop test, simulation plans and design verification test plans at design top level.
- Develop, implement and supervise design verification test plans at system level.
- Support the generation of technical engineering products by using the appropriate standards, processes, procedures, and tools throughout the FPGA development life cycle.
- May provide leadership and/or direction to lower level employees.
- Independently determine approach to solutions and get alignment from System Engineers and board developers.
- Contribute to design and development of FPGA hardware for control, communications systems and digital signal processing (DSP) platforms.
Education and experience
- BS Engineering with a major in Electrical Engineering and/or Computer Engineering or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years relevant design experience.
- Required technical skills.
- Highly proficient use and understanding of FPGA engineering concepts, principles, and theories.
- Highly proficient in FPGA design languages and tools including VHDL and UVM or OSVVM (Altera High Level Synthesis is preferred).
- Experience with FPGA development software- (Modelsim, Quartus, Mentor CDC is preferred).
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Experience with FPGA SoC, including Avalon and AXI architectures.
- Experience with architecting and implementing embedded processors including NIOS.
- Proficient in implementing IP blocks based on interface requirements and designing the required interface logic to overall FPGA architecture.
- Expertise using VHDL for implementation and verification of FPGA designs.
- Basic knowledge of signal algorithms.
- Knowledge/hands-on experience with software/technical tools.
- VHDL, System Verilog, UVM.
- Questa Sim, Modelsim, Quartus.
- GIT, JIRA.
- MATLAB and SimuLink.
- Electronic Laboratory Equipment.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
- Experience working in a project-oriented team.
- Ability to prioritize tasks.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
- This position is located on-site in Wilton, CT. It requires onsite presence to attend in-person work-related events, trainings and meetings and to further ensure teamwork, collaboration and innovation.
- A flexible workplace arrangement may be available to employees working in roles conducive to remote work (up to two days a week).
Role within Office
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch.
- Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.