You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Sr. Quality engineer
Computer science & software engineering
In a nutshell
San Diego - CA, US
Mechanical engineering, Electrical engineering, Computer science & software engineering
Introduction to the job
The Sr. Quality Engineer will ensure “Voice of the Customer” requirements are met during the manufacturing phase and provide customer quality oversite after product has been installed to achieve customer satisfaction.
As a member of the Customer Focus team in the San Diego Factory Operational Excellence department, the Sr. Quality Engineer is responsible to plan and execute customer quality and process improvement initiatives.This includes monitoring customer satisfaction metrics, coordination of root cause analysis and Corrective/Preventive action, and supporting customer audits and reporting, ensuring throughout the process that “Voice of the Customer” requirements are met.
This position may require access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require the Company to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Role and responsibilities
- Evaluates results and trends of product performance to customer standards.
- Represents Quality in Failure Analysis review meetings.
- Participates in review meetings with internal and external customers.
- Leads and/or participates as a member of cross-functional and cross-site teams using problem solving methodologies to address issues.
- Supports customer audits to evaluate the effectiveness of the quality management system.
- Verifies implementation of actions derived from customer audits, often interfacing with key ASML managers with the ability to interact directly with external customers.
- Follows-up progress of Customer Quality Notifications (customer complaints) from creation to closure.
- Determines gaps in process activities or product design leading to poor product performance.
- Develops metrics to measure customer quality performance.
- Develops dashboards with clear KPI’s to determine trends and delivers weekly summary reports for Management.
- Identifies data sources and develops metric reporting capability.
- Supports Design Owners, Subject Matter Experts, and Process Improvement experts in driving process improvements to meet customer requirements.
- Evaluates adherence of the business processes related to Operations and Design Engineering.
- Occasionally travels onsite internationally to assess technical / organizational challenges during escalations, establish new agreements and explain/reinforce, established ways of working to Local ASML Cross-Sector teams, through situational awareness.
- Develop and improve processes using LEAN/Six Sigma principals.
- Collects issues identified by Architects, Scientists, Engineers and Technicians to define improvement areas. Utilizes structured problem solving for root cause analysis, corrective actions, and solution implementation.
- Creates quality reports to measure and monitor internal and external customer satisfaction performance.
- Supports diagramming and evaluating existing processes and executes process improvement projects.
- Analyzes metrics for product and process measurement and identification of future improvement opportunities.
- Collects data to help identify root cause of problems and plan solutions.
- Creates corrective actions reports and presentations as requested.
- Participate in design and process FMEA.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and experience
- Bachelor’s degree required or masters degree in Industrial or Manufacturing Engineering preferred. A STEM degree is preferred, but not required.
- Minimum 5+ years of applicable experience. A combination of education and experience and experience will be considered.
- Experience with quality reporting and analytics.
- Experience managing customer complaint processes.
- Ability to facilitate and lead review meetings with cross functional teams.
- Experience in the application of quality processes and tools such as Statistical Process Control (SPC), Design of Experiments, Failure Mode and Effect Analysis (FMEA), Measuring System Analysis and Control Plans implementation.
- Excellent customer service skills, with an advanced understanding of customer relationship building.
- Understanding of problem solving, process flow diagraming and documentation, by leveraging 8D and 5 why methodologies.
- Ability to use creative and innovative problem diagnosis and solving techniques that will produce performance improvements.
- Ability to apply process thinking, process design and process improvement methodologies to generate significant measurable benefits (including in depth root cause analysis).
- Ability to translate, statistically analyze data, and effectively report problems through written and/or graphical formats.
- Experience in executing improvement projects with LEAN Manufacturing concepts.
- Ability to multi-task and set priorities without jeopardizing project schedule.
- Data driven decision maker, good negotiation skills, positive attitude.
- Data mining experience is a plus.
- Experience in Dashboard development is a plus.
- Six Sigma Green Belt or Black Belt certification is a plus.
- Experience managing supplier quality issues through (SQE) Supplier Quality Engineers through adherence to defined performance specifications, for 3rd Party vendors.
- Experience with Hardware and/or Software testing is a plus.
- Experience in applying Project Management Techniques is highly desirable. PMP is a plus.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Must be comfortable with a rapidly changing work environment.
- Excellent written, verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to deliver and concisely communicate executive summaries of complex technical issues to Sr. Managers for determining a way forward.
- Customer focused and commitment to excellence.
- Stake holder management, particularly with Project, Program and Line Managers to influence outcomes and work culture.
- Motivated and enthusiastic team player.
- Multitasking, priority setting and risk assessment/management.
- Ability to work independently or in team settings.
- Cross-functional collaborator with excellent business acumen.
- Hands on and desire to be the Subject Matter Expert.
- Open minded, creativity when handling problems independently, commitment, flexibility.
- In depth knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio.
- Ability to interact with Engineers from many disciplines and provide actionable results that directly impacts EUV system performance and/or availability, through system Engineering approach.
- High-capacity problem solver with demonstrated Escalation/Crisis Management skills.
- Ability to interact with Managers at many levels though situational awareness, in Headquarters, field and factory environments.
- Ability to comfortably communicate with Program Managers and Sr Management regarding new and ongoing, challenging quality issues, to help determine best course of action.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee routinely is required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch.
- The employee is occasionally required to move around the campus including working while fully gowned in a clean room environment.
- The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- The employee may be required to travel based on business needs.
- Can work under deadlines.
- The environment generally is moderate in temperature and noise level.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- May spend extended periods of time at a computer workstation.
TheCalifornia base annual salary/hourly range for this role is currently$89,250 - $148,750. Pay scales are determined by role, level, location and alignmentwith market data. Individual pay is determined through interviews and anassessment of several factors that that are unique to each candidate,including but not limited to, job-related skills, relevant education andexperience, certifications, abilities of the candidate and pay relative toother team members. Our recruiters can share more information about our bonusprogram, benefits and equity during the hiring process.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.
#LI-Hybrid (after 90 days onsite training)