You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Supply Chain Transfer Project Manager - Guaranteed sign on bonus and relocation
Logistics & supply chain management
In a nutshell
Wilton - CT, US
Logistics & supply chain management
Introduction to the job
Join ASML Wilton today to receive your sign on bonus and relocation.
*Offer valid for Wilton, CT new hire offers made between now and June 30, 2023.
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
Are you challenged by managing strategic product transfers in ASML’s supply chain?Would you like to deliver input for ASML's strategy?Is change management part of you DNA? And do you enjoy managing stakeholders at senior and executive level at our suppliers? Then this might be the job for you.
The Supply Chain Transfer Manager leads functional teams responsible for a number of supply chain transfers within ASMLs supply chain. Focus is to secure ASMLs material needs. Activities of the team include risk assessment, re-design of modules, release of new suppliers and phase in/phase out planning.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Role and responsibilities
The Supply Chain Transfer Manger is responsible for:
- Material availability at all phases of the program: ensuring right quality before and after shipment/ensuring on time delivery during the project.
- Set up a full phasing out/transfer product overview including (non) transfer and last buy decisions.
- Contribute to best practices among the different tools, way of working andinto the organization.
- Arrange good cooperation with stakeholders a.o. D&E, Sourcing and Factories.
- Deploy decision from decision boards (SPB/SPFT) so all stakeholder are informed and activated.
- Support in arranging sufficientFTE for the program execution.
- Able to manage project with landing spots at different suppliers and internal teams.
Supply Chain Risk Mitigation:
- Capacity alignment across n-tier supply chain.
- Analyzetotal past demand phase out supplier and strategize transfer policy.
- Proactively execute supply chain risk analysis and execute action plans to mitigate risk.
- Manage escalations within transfers to solve bottlenecks in supply chain and avoid re-occurrence.
- Lead risk mapping sessions and keep track on progress.
- Arrange and decide on safety stocks.
- Set up a full phasing out product overview including (non) transfer and last buy decisions as input for the program.
- Define technical release procedure per product category with transfer team and execute these.
- Give solid logisticalinput on phasing out negotiations to the Sourcing team.
- Manage and lead multidisciplinary technical orientated team.
- Manage and align with internal and external stakeholders. Set up governance models for the multi-disciplinary team(s).
- Steer a project of high mix-low volume in international transfers context.
- Deploy decisions from project boards into the projects and executed implementation.
- Steer and guide the logistical and release activities.
- Arrange a set up tools and trainingfor proper project execution.
- Report KPIs on planning , risk mitigation, budget and FTE usage.
Education and experience
- Bachelors Degree required. (Supply Chain Management, Industrial Engineering or Business Administration preferred).Masters Degree preferred.Or equivalent experience.
- 5-10+ years relevant work experience.
- Experience in high tech, low volume industry.
- Experience in re-allocating products.
- Experience with supply chain processes in production environment (e.g. supply chain improvements, supplier management, customer service, planning).
- Experience in project managementin a high tech environment.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
- Excellent stakeholder management and relationship building skills.
- Conceptual thinker on strategic level.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Convincing/negotiation skills.
- Pragmatic and result driven.
- Pro-active attitude, drive for improvement.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
One of Sourcing & Supply Chain (S&SC) key responsibilities is material availability for ASML’s factories and Service Business. In today’s complex multi-tier supply chains, this is only possible by addressing potential bottlenecks, supply risks and disruptions before they impact our customers.
S&SC manages its supply chains up to seven tiers deep to ensure ASML’s supply keeps pace with technological developments and can adapt to changing business conditions and external threats.
To be effective as Supply Transfer Manager requires close cooperation with involved suppliers and hence significant travel for business (40% to 60%), as such you must be able to travel accordingly.
Role within Office
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch.
- Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.