You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
System Industrialization Architect - Diagnostics
Research & development
Other job categories
In a nutshell
Research & development
Other job categories
Introduction to the job
Do you want to be part of the next generations of making cutting edge technology? Do you have a knack for understanding “how stuff breaks” and how to deal with it? If you’re looking for an environment where you can apply creative thinking and that challenges you both technically and personally, you will enjoy working in our EUV Source Laser Industrialization department! It’s a great opportunity for professional development and personal growth.
As an Industrialization Architect for Diagnostics, you set the direction for future development of and requirements for our future products. How to diagnose equipment issues, how to keep track of system performance and how to get operations back on track quickly are key to a successful ASML system
Make it easy to diagnose for the operator, stable and reliable, and thereby enable short time to market and rapid update cycles where needed. In this process you will be involved in creation and improving the diagnostics for the systems in the field as well as influence the new designs. As an architect, you set both the requirements and guide the development teams when designing their solutions.
Role and responsibilities
Your ideas and solutions will land in the roadmap for diagnostics that drives the requirements for our upcoming products. Your main focus will be on the growth of the equipment diagnostics while you also will support other architects on the performance diagnostic aspects in the roadmap.
During these activities, you will be cooperating with other disciplines and sectors. It is expected that you will guide the team in discussing design aspects, how the design impacts operations, analysing system problems and opportunities, as well as defining and documenting the work. Finally you get the chance and you are encouraged to integrate with the dynamic and diverse ASML community: you will interact daily with 4,000 like-minded professionals.
Your role and responsibilities are as follows:
- Drive the longer term diagnostics goals and direction for the multidisciplinary team;
- Set the direction for your team on diagnostics competence growth, and balance between short-term solutions and longer term improvements;
- Interface with stakeholders of the team, both in the cluster and in other sectors;
- Work productively with both junior and senior subject matter experts;
- Define solution directions for the main diagnostics challenges related to the source laser cluster;
- Drive the implementation of system requirements in modules within the source laser, making sure that the teams follow the design process;
- Drive executing and documenting tests and investigations per ASML guidelines.
Of course, you closely cooperate with the other Industrialization Architect(s) within the department and the Architects within the broader Source Laser cluster.
Education and experience
You have the following education profile with:
- University MSc (or BSc. with additional experience)
Agile and SAFe experience (from scrum.org and/or SAFe certifications) are considered a clear plus, since our teams work in this environment.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- ability to create an overview of the complex source laser system;
- discipline in all aspects of the design process;
- ability to drive decisions, while staying aligned in a complex stakeholder field;
- effective communication skills, and the ability to influence others when needed;
- strong focus on structural improvement and quality;
- good command of the English language (writing and speaking);
- an ability to deal with an atmosphere where priorities and technical insights can change suddenly.
To thrive in this role, you:
- enjoy bringing improvement to our product;
- feeling comfortable to take initiative to reach difficult goals;
- embrace the core ASML values: care, collaborate and challenge;
- are able to adapt to changes and deal with escalations;
- are able to deal well with differences between diverse cultures
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
You will be working in a young and innovative group of ~15 people, working in SAFe/Agile teams. As part of the Industrialization department, we focus on the manufacturability and serviceability aspects of our products. Specifically, our scope involves bringing a high-powered laser beam towards a tin droplet with extreme accuracy as needed for making EUV.
The teams’ responsibilities cover many phases of the product lifetime. This involves early product design influence, preparing and validating work instructions. Beyond that, we take an active role in the integration and validation phase, both for new designs and at the introduction of changes. Finally, we ensure that our Operations colleagues are self-reliant upon entering the sustaining phase. Supporting several products in different phases of their lifecycle is an integral part of the challenge.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.