You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Logistics & supply chain management
In a nutshell
San Diego - CA, US
Logistics & supply chain management
Introduction to the job
Does building and maintaining sustainable relationships with suppliers while execution all (operational) procurement activities energizes you? We are further professionalizing our Supplier Operations department and would like to welcome an enthusiastic Tactical Buyer with a proven commercial track record and the motivation to make a difference in our organization.
The Supplier Operations department’s mission is to secure material availability at the right cost, right quality and right time for our customers. To realize this mission, we need to set ourselves up for success to navigate the volume ramp, while managing the growing installed base & supply chain complexity in a smarter way. This means that we need to drive both structural step changes and continuous improvements in our core processes at the same time. Your role as a Tactical Buyer is to ensure effective and efficient execution of the (operational) procurement activities by for example arranging adequate material supply, resolving operational procurement issues, driving cost down / cost efficiency and ensuring master data control.
Role and responsibilities
You will independently manage the operational procurement process for multiple suppliers and Sourcing Lead. To prepare and oversee supplier negotiations including tactics, spend base analysis, script, dry-run and orchestrating stakeholders involved as well as all contract details.
Your focus is on operational execution and timely availability of required materials within boundary conditions. Next, is to manage day-to-day contact with our suppliers (including owning agenda of interactions) and track all communication for full transparency.
• Operationally manage suppliers
• Actively manage your stakeholders at ASML
• Build, maintain and extend a sustainable relationship within Procurement, Logistics, Suppliers and Engineers
• Support in solving issues and development needs
• Translate business and improvements needs towards suppliers
• Provide reports on performance and planning
Education and experience
A Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in the direction of Supply Chain Management, (International) Business, Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Finance.
- 1 to 6 years’ experience in a procurement / sourcing or commercial (related) role, ideally in a technology intensive industry.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
• Ability to identify and structure opportunities independently
• Excellent professional communication
• Assertive, proactive problem solving skills and driving improvements
• Ensuring accountability
• Strong planning and alignment skills
• Ability to deal with resistance and organizational changes
Social and communication skills:
• Stakeholder management
• Customer focus
• Persuasion skills
• Collaboration; team player orientation
• Able to manage ambiguity
• Time / priority management skill
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Physical Demand and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• This position is located on-site in San Diego, CA and is a hybrid remote/onsite role. This role will require you to attend in-person work-related events, trainings and meetings and to further ensure teamwork, collaboration and innovation. Flexible work policy is 3 days in the office and 2 days at home.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee routinely is required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch.
• The employee is occasionally required to move around the campus.
• The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
• May require travel dependent on business needs.
• Can work under deadlines.
• The environment generally is moderate in temperature and noise level.
• Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
• Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
• Can learn and apply new information or skills.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.