You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Test Technician 3
In a nutshell
San Diego - CA, US
Introduction to the job
ASML US, including its affiliates and subsidiaries, bring together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
The Test Technician performs sub-system assembly, optical alignment, functional test, equipment calibration, station setup and process development support. Assists in recommending changes in design, methods, and procedures to enhance product quality.
Role and responsibilities
- Uses standardized tools and electronic equipment (i.e., torque wrenches, electric and pneumatic screwdrivers and ball drivers, lifting equipment, computers, oscilloscopes) to assemble/install/remove or perform testing and troubleshooting.
- Trains others on areas of test processes and troubleshooting when required.
- Performs a variety of moderately complex technical service/support duties requiring specialized knowledge (i.e., sub-assembly, assembly, build, test, R&D, QA).
- Utilizes functional area databases to run reports and analyze/trend data; Makes recommendations to management in order to meet production needs.
- Interfaces with engineers to support special tests and experiments with detailed instructions.
- Documents and monitors safety or security violations critical to product quality or operations.
- Uses specialized test equipment such as leak testing, Hi - Pot and alignment instruments.
- Troubleshoots failures with pressurized Gas, and Water systems with Helium.
- Reads and understands business documents such as bill of materials (BOM), routing sheets, inventory records and work instructions.
- Uses cleaning cloths with acetone, methanol, and isopropyl alcohol to wipe surfaces prior to shipping product.
- Maintains a clean work area, and is responsible for designated tools (routine maintenance and calibration).
- Installs electrical connectors to modules.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and experience
- Requires a High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Requires a minimum of four (4) years related work experience.
- Associate’s Degree in technical or scientific field is highly desired.
- Experience in using all electronic/pneumatic tools preferred.
- Experience with Automated Testing Equipment, LabVIEW preferred.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Ability to read and interpret schematics/drawings.
- Basic understanding of laser systems is required.
- Ability to apply knowledge of company policies and technical skills in support of multiple products, services and components.
- Strong electrical/ electronic background.
- Ability to troubleshoot, identify and correct problems in complex software-driven electronic systems (not circuit-board troubleshooting).
- Familiarity with cleanroom protocol is preferred.
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing and 5S principles preferred.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, basic algebra.
- Full to advanced proficiency with a wide variety of tools and equipment (e.g., oscilloscopes, voltage and current probes, multi-meters, chart recorders, Mensors, and Helium Sniffers).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Requires general computer skills and knowledge.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
The California base hourly range for this role is currently $18 - $30/hr. Pay scales are determined by role, level, location and alignment with market data. Individual pay is determined through interviews and an assessment of several factors that that are unique to each candidate, including but not limited to, job-related skills, relevant education and experience, certifications, abilities of the candidate and pay relative to other team members. Our recruiters can share more information about our bonus program, benefits and equity during the hiring process.
Role within the Factory
- Must be willing to work in a clean room environment, wearing coveralls, hoods, booties, safety glasses and gloves for entire duration of shift.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee routinely is required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch.
- The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.