You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
[TW Pipeline] CS - EUV Upgrade Engineer - Hsinchu/Tainan
In a nutshell
Introduction to the job
Within ASML the sector Customer Support (CS) is responsible for the maintenance, repair and continuous improvement of ASML systems at customer locations. One of the departments in this sector is CS EUV Upgrade. The CS EUV Upgrade team prepares and manages the CS part of the execution of system upgrade of ASML EUV machines at customer sites. These upgrades are done in close cooperation with EUV Factoryand associated parties/projectsin shift schedules at customer production environment over a period of 2-3 months.
Role and responsibilities
Manage and execute complex field upgrades and activities, enabling the field teams to unlock the potential of ASML EUV products for our customers.
• Work safely and meet customers / ASML designated safety rules –regulations at all time
• As an ASML Upgrade Engineer you will be an ASML ambassador at customer sites across the globe.
• Execute hardware for upgrade and perform system setup for complex upgrade packages, difficult field swaps and “bring to spec packages”.
• Your “can-do, will-do” attitude will enable you - together with a team of ASML engineers - to overcome whatever obstacles get in your way.
• Provide feedback to improve cycle time and performance, utilize the zero error repeat concept during upgrade preparations and executions, and perform post upgrade recovery and analysis.
• You are expected to have a general knowledge of lithography machines.
• Troubleshoot and solve problems related to upgrade hardware installation in close cooperation with a generalist and coordinator.
• Maintain and improve personal upgrade skills and general engineering knowledge such that majority of the problem can be solved without escalation.
• This position will require international travel (up to 70%) to the field offices worldwide for upgrades implementation and support, and self-development training in the factory or other site.
Education and experience
Bachelors degree in Electrical Technology, Mechatronics, Mechanical Engineering, Physics, and Computer Science.
• Experience in a customer support department for high tech products. Photo-lithography, Electro-Mechanical or Ultra Clean Vacuum.
• Engineers with 2-3 years ASML EUV or NXT systems metrology experience are preferred.
• Precondiction: Must be able to speak / read / write English language
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
•Open for cultural differences.
•Motivated, pro-active, self-driven and flexible.
•Good technical skills, analytical skills, and hands-on skills.
•Good documentation skills.
•Multitasker with the ability to work in different and difficult working environment.
•Good team player who is committed to the success of ASML.
•Good customer skills.
•Good communication skills, verbal and written, in English.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
• Flexibility to travel to other countries including Taiwan, Korea, USA and Israel, with short notice (up to 70%) if needed, with uninterrupted periods up to 6-8 weeks in a row.
• Candidates are expected to support the CS Upgrades for at least 2-3 years upon completion of training.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.