You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
UI/UX Designer Intern
Research & development
Other technical job categories
Other job categories
In a nutshell
San Jose - CA, US
Research & development
No experience (Student)
Other technical job categories, Other job categories
This role involves designing the user experience for ASML’s computational lithography platform. The UI/UX Designer will work closely with an international, multi-disciplinary team to create highly usable products. The candidate will possess the ability to quickly grasp and distill highly complex matters into clean, understandable designs.He/she will be the visionary voice of the customer experience who transforms business opportunities and marketing requirements into user friendly application interface designs.
- Work closely with product management to derive and define user requirements for Tachyon Application Center
- Develop high level and detailed user flow diagrams, wireframes, storyboards, mockups and prototypes to effectively communicate interaction and functional designs
- Work with developers to ensure accurate implementation of the designs
- Write User Guide, Release Notes, and other documentation
- Create and maintain specifications such as interface guidelines and standards across products
- Translate usability test results and other user research into product design improvements
Education and Experience
·Working towards a BS degree in a related technical field of engineering. MS degree students are desired.
·Solid knowledge of human computer interaction, user-centered design principles, Human Factors Engineering, and interaction design;
·Strong portfolio showing critical thinking in interaction design; intimate understanding of product development processes and methodologies;
·Hands-on command of the design tools needed to communicate detailed specifications, workflow and wireframes.
- At least 3 years’ experience in interaction design, user research and usability from school
- Solid academic background, ideally with experience in interaction design, visual design, and application design,
- Expertise creating process flows, site maps, wireframes, prototypes, and functional specifications
- Familiar of design tools like Figma, and Photoshop
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills with great attention to detail
- Strong conceptual skills and ability to multi-task
- Experience with Confluence and Jira a plus
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
·Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
·Can learn and apply new information or skills.
·Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
·Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
·Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
·Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads.
·Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
·Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
·Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
·Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
·Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with co-workers and customer.
·Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
·Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch.
·Occasionally required to move around the campus.
·Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.