Board of Management
Our executives set and achieve ASML’s objectives, strategy and policies, and manage general affairs
ASML’s Board of Management is composed of six members. The CEO and CTO are joint presidents, with the CEO serving as chair and the CTO as vice chair.
The Supervisory Board appoints the members of the Board of Management and notifies shareholders at the AGM.
Members are appointed for a term up to four years and may be reappointed for consecutive terms.
President and Chief Executive Officer
Dutch national, 1957, Chair of the Board of Management since 2013 (term expires in 2024). Peter joined ASML and the Board of Management in 1999 as Executive Vice President and CFO.
Peter has an extensive background in finance and accounting. Prior to ASML, he worked as a partner at Deloitte Accountants where he specialized in high technology with an emphasis on the semiconductor equipment industry.
- Chair of the Supervisory Board of the Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e, current)
- Chair of the Eindhovensche Fabrikantenkring (current)
- Board member of the Captains of Industry Eindhoven Region (current)
- Vice-chair of the Board of FME-CWM (Federatie voor de Metaal- en Electrotechnische Industrie, current)
- Member of the Circle of Influence of Startup Delta (current)
- Council member of the Dutch Top Sector High Tech Systems and Materials (HTSM or Holland High Tech, current)
- Member of the Advisory Committee of the Dutch National Growth Fund (current)
- Member of the Netherlands Institute of Registered Accountants (current)
- Partner at Deloitte Accountants
Martin van den Brink
President and Chief Technology Officer
Dutch national, 1957, Vice Chair of the Board of Management since 2013 (term expires in 2024). Martin joined ASML in 1984 as an engineer and was appointed to the Board of Management in 1999 as Executive Vice President Marketing & Technology.
Martin earned a degree in electrical engineering from HTS Arnhem (HAN University) and a degree in physics from the University of Twente in the Netherlands in 1984. That same year, he joined newly-founded ASML.
- Imec Lifetime of Innovation Award (2019)
- IEEE Robert N Noyce Medal for exceptional contributions to the microelectronics industry (2015)
- IEEE Cledo Brunetti Award for contributions to nanotechnology (2014)
- Knight of the Order of the Dutch Lion (Orde van de Nederlandse Leeuw, 2014)
- Honorary doctorate in physics from the University of Amsterdam (2012)
- SPIE Frits Zernike Award for Microlithography for outstanding accomplishments in the development of semiconductor lithographic imaging solutions (2008)
Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer
Dutch national, 1965. Roger joined ASML and was appointed a member of the Board of Management in 2018 (term expires in 2026).
Roger joined ASML from Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Ltd, where he held several roles. He has a master's degree in economics and business administration (1988), a post-master's degree in auditing (1990) and a PhD in business and economics (1995) from the University of Maastricht.
- Chair of the Supervisory Board of the Maastricht University Medical Center+ (current)
- Professor of Auditing at the Free University of Amsterdam (current)
- Member of the Supervisory Board of the Dutch National Bank (current)
- Global Vice Chair and member of the Executive Board of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Ltd (2012–2018)
- CEO of Deloitte Holding BV (2005–2012)
- Audit Partner at Deloitte Netherlands (1996–2018)
Executive Vice President & Chief Business Officer
French national, 1973, member of the Board of Management since 2018 (term expires in 2026). Christophe joined ASML in 2008 and has held several management positions in marketing and product management.
Christophe holds a masters’ degree in physics from the Institut Polytechnique de Grenoble. Before ASML, he worked at semiconductor equipment industry peers KLA Tencor and Applied Materials.
- Executive Vice President EUV (2018–2022)
- Executive Vice President Applications at ASML (2013–2018)
- Management positions in marketing and product management at ASML (2008–2013)
- Director of Marketing at KLA Tencor (2003–2008)
- Global Product Manager at Applied Materials (1997–2001)
Executive Vice President and Chief Operations Officer
French national, 1961. Frédéric joined ASML in 2009 as Executive Vice President and COO and was appointed to the Board of Management in 2010 (term expires in 2026).
Frédéric joined ASML from French industrial and transport group Alstom. He is a graduate of Ecole Polytechnique (1985) and Ecole Nationale Superieure des Mines in Paris (1988).
- Various positions at Alstom including General Manager Hydro Business and Vice President Thermal Products Manufacturing at Alstom (1996–2009)
- Various positions at the French Ministry of Trade and Industry (1988–1996)
Executive Vice President and Chief Strategic Sourcing & Procurement Officer
American national, 1967, member of the Board of Management since 2023 (term expires in 2027). Wayne joined ASML in 2018 as Executive Vice President of Customer Support.
Before he joined ASML, Wayne served as Senior Vice President of Global Manufacturing Operations and as Vice President of Wafer Fabs at Micron Technology, Inc, the company where he began his career in 1987 as a production operator. He continued to move into operations roles of increasing leadership in engineering, planning and production.
Executive Vice President Customer Support at ASML (2018–2023)
Senior Vice President of Global Manufacturing at Micron (2012–2018)
Vice President of Worldwide Fabs at Micron (1987–2018)
Vice President Supply Chain at Micron (2009–2012)
Rules of procedure
For more information on how the Board of Management operates and makes decisions, as well as how members are appointed, download the rules of procedure.
The Supervisory Board Remuneration Committee determines the compensation of the members of the Board of Management according to the Remuneration Policy adopted at the AGM on April 29, 2022. For more details, see the Board of Management Remuneration Policy and the Remuneration Report.