ASML’s Board of Management is composed of five members. The CEO and CTO are joint presidents, with the CEO serving as chair and the CTO as vice chair.
The Supervisory Board appoints the members of the Board of Management and notifies shareholders at the AGM. Members are appointed for a term up to four years and may be reappointed for consecutive terms.
President and Chief Executive Officer
Dutch national, 1957, Chair of the Board of Management since 2013 (term expires in 2022). Peter joined ASML and the Board of Management in 1999 as Executive Vice President and CFO.
- Chair of the Supervisory Board of the Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e, current)
- Chair of the Eindhovensche Fabrikantenkring (current)
- Board member of the Captains of Industry Eindhoven Region (current)
- Board member of the FME (Federatie voor de Metaal- en Electrotechnische Industrie, current)
- Member of the Exchange Council of Euronext (current)
- Member of the Circle of Influence of Startup Delta (current)
- Council member of the Dutch Top Sector High Tech Systems and Materials (HTSM or Holland High Tech, current)
- Member of the Advisory Committee of the Dutch National Growth Fund (current)
- Member of the Netherlands Institute of Registered Accountants (current)
- Member of the Advisory Board of the Investment Committee of Stichting Pensioenfonds ABP (until December 31, 2020)
- Partner at Deloitte Accountants
Martin van den Brink
President and Chief Technology Officer
Dutch national, 1957, Vice Chair of the Board of Management since 2013 (term expires in 2022). Martin joined ASML in 1984 as an engineer and was appointed to the Board of Management in 1999 as Executive Vice President Marketing & Technology.
- Imec Lifetime of Innovation Award (2019)
- IEEE Robert N Noyce Medal for exceptional contributions to the microelectronics industry (2015)
- IEEE Cledo Brunetti Award for contributions to nanotechnology (2014)
- Knight of the Order of the Dutch Lion (Orde van de Nederlandse Leeuw, 2014)
- Honorary doctorate in physics from the University of Amsterdam (2012)
- SPIE Frits Zernike Award for Microlithography for outstanding accomplishments in the development of semiconductor lithographic imaging solutions (2008)
Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer
Dutch national, 1965. Roger joined ASML and was appointed a member of the Board of Management in 2018 (term expires in 2022).
- Chair of the Supervisory Board of the Maastricht University Medical Center+ (current)
- Professor of Auditing at the Free University of Amsterdam (current)
- Member of the Supervisory Board of the Dutch National Bank (current)
- Global Vice Chair and member of the Executive Board of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu, Ltd. (2012–2018)
- CEO of Deloitte Holding BV (2005–2012)
- Audit Partner at Deloitte Netherlands (1996–2018)
Executive Vice President EUV
French national, 1973, member of the Board of Management since 2018 (term expires in 2022). Christophe joined ASML in 2008 and has held several management positions in marketing and product management.
- Executive Vice President Applications at ASML (2013–2018)
- Director of Marketing at KLA Tencor (2003–2008)
- Global Product Manager at Applied Materials (1997–2001)
Executive Vice President and Chief Operations Officer
French national, 1961. Frédéric joined ASML in 2009 as Executive Vice President and COO and was appointed to the Board of Management in 2010 (term expires in 2022).
- Vice President Thermal Products Manufacturing at Alstom
- General Manager Hydro Business at Alstom
- Various positions at the French Ministry of Trade and Industry
Rules of procedure
For more information on how the Board of Management operates and makes decisions, download the rules of procedure.
The Supervisory Board Remuneration Committee determines the compensation of the members of the Board of Management according to the Remuneration Policy adopted at the AGM on April 29, 2021. For more details, see the Board of Management Remuneration Policy and the Remuneration Report.