The US at a glance
With R&D and manufacturing centers on the West and East Coasts, and offices near all our local customers such as Intel, the United States plays an integral part in helping to advance ASML’s holistic lithography product portfolio.
Customer support centers
“In order to be successful, my job requires me to think outside the box, inside the box, and everywhere in-between.”
Electrical engineering team lead
San Diego, California
ASML in color
A coloring book for creatives, engineers, tech enthusiasts and everyone in between. It’s dedicated to all our employees who bring color, diversity and life to ASML. We can’t complete the picture without them. Their commitment, creativity and thirst for knowledge keeps ASML at the forefront of innovation.
ASML compensation and benefits in the US
Health and welfare benefits
- 85% average employer-paid medical and dental benefits, with a range of options for employees and their eligible dependents
- 100% employer-paid vision benefits, basic life insurance
- Annual short-term plan for all employees
- Long-term stock plan available for eligible employees
Employee share purchase plan
- 20% employer-paid premium available after first year of participation
- ASML provides a generous employer match with immediate vesting
- Paid time off, minimum 39 days of time off/year (vacation and statutory holidays), scaled based on tenure
- A flexible workplace policy supporting work-life balance
Vacation sell-back program
- Cash out unused vacation time
- Paid parental leave
- Adoption assistance (up to $10,000)
- Milk shipment for new mothers required to travel
- IVF Coverage (up to $10,000)
Reward & recognition
- Peer-to-peer thank you program (gift cards)
- Awards of scaled value granted to employees who reach milestones (beginning at three years)
- Employee Assistance Program available to employees for counselling and confidential support
- Relocation assistance including (situation dependent) an allowance, approved time-off and support to get settled
Training and development
- Tuition reimbursement to support career growth and development
- Diversity and inclusion trainings and workshops
Our technology in the US
Our regional expertise is as diverse as our landscape, offering a multitude of technical challenges and growth opportunities. Whether its exploring fundamental physics, chemistry and computer science problems to pioneer new technology or perfecting world-class products, the diverse, multi-disciplinary US teams do it all.
A completely magnetically levitated stage accelerates at more than 15 g, more than three times the g-force experienced by a fighter jet pilot at takeoff, up to a constant velocity of more than three meters per second. It positions the chipmaker’s reticle (blueprint of the chip pattern) within fractions of nanometers in all six degrees of freedom at full speed.
EUV light source
The droplet generator is the heartbeat of the EUV light source, delivering a steady stream of 50,000 liquid tin droplets per second, which fly at more than 241 kilometers per hour in a vacuum vessel. Each droplet – whose size is a fraction of the thickness of a human hair – is individually imaged and targeted by two high-power CO2 laser pulses, generating a plasma that emits EUV light.
Today’s chips have billions of transistors, built up layer by layer with extreme precision, requiring the imaging of tens of billions of patterns that must be simulated and optimized within 24 hours – it’s an enormous, time-sensitive task. We harness the power of tens of thousands of computing cores to quickly process full chip blueprints – all without sacrificing accuracy.
Read our most frequently asked questions about applying for a job at ASML in the US.
What is working at ASML in the US like?
Where can I find more more information about applying for a job, the interview process and what it’s like to work at ASML?
Fill in the form below to get in touch with the ASML recruitment department for the US. We’ll get back to you as soon as possible!