VELDHOVEN, the Netherlands, January 23, 2008
ASML Holding NV (ASML) today announced completion of its share buyback program disclosed on October 17, 2007 as follows:
- To effect the share buyback, ASML has entered into an agreement with a bank. Under the terms of the agreement, the exact number of shares that are to be purchased by the bank and delivered to ASML, as well as timing of the purchases, is left to the discretion of the bank, within pre-agreed ranges.
- During the period from January 17 through January 22, 2008, ASML acquired 5,000,000 of its shares pursuant to the share buyback program, at an average price of EUR 17.52 per share.
- The aggregate number of shares bought back up to and including January 22, 2008 represents 100 percent of the announced objective of 14 million ordinary shares.
- ASML’s share buy back program was announced on October 17, 2007 and was completed on January 22, 2008
- The repurchased shares will be used to cover outstanding employee stock options.
ASML is the world's leading provider of lithography systems for the semiconductor industry, manufacturing complex machines that are critical to the production of integrated circuits or chips. Headquartered in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, ASML is traded on Euronext Amsterdam and NASDAQ under the symbol ASML. ASML has more than 6,500 employees, serving chip manufacturers in more than 60 locations in 16 countries.
- Monique Mols
- Head of Media Relations
- +31 652 844 418
- Sander Hofman
- Corporate communications manager
- +31 6 2381 0214
- Brittney Wolff Zatezalo
- Corporate communications manager US
- Skip Miller
- Head Investor Relations Worldwide
- +1 480 235 0934
- Marcel Kemp
- Head Investor Relations Europe
- +31 40 268 6494
- Peter Cheang
- Head Investor Relations Asia