ASML discloses results of Annual General Meeting of Shareholders 2010
Press release - Veldhoven, the Netherlands, March 25, 2010
ASML Holding NV (ASML) today announces the results of its Annual General Meeting of Shareholders held on March 24, 2010.
The General Meeting of Shareholders adopted ASML's statutory financial statements for the financial year 2009.
In addition, the General Meeting of Shareholders approved the following items:
- Discharge of the members of the Board of Management and the Supervisory Board from liability for their responsibilities in the financial year 2009.
- Proposal to adopt a 2009 dividend of €0.20 per ordinary share of €0.09 (equal to 2008).
- Proposal to adopt the updated Remuneration Policy (version 2010) for the Board of Management.
- The performance share arrangement, including the maximum number of performance shares, for the Board of Management as per the Remuneration Policy (version 2010).
- The maximum number of stock options, respectively shares, for employees.
- Proposal to authorize the Board of Management for a period of 18 months from March 24, 2010: (i) to issue shares or rights to subscribe for shares in the capital of the Company, limited to 5 percent of the issued share capital of the Company at the time of the authorization; (ii) to issue an additional 5 percent of the issued share capital only in connection with mergers and/or acquisitions; and (iii) to authorize the Board of Management to restrict or exclude the preemption rights in connection with any such issuance, all subject to the approval of the Supervisory Board.
- Proposal to authorize the Board of Management to acquire through September 24, 2011 a maximum of 30% of ASML's outstanding share capital, subject to the approval of the Supervisory Board. The shares can be acquired at a price between the nominal value of the shares acquired and 110% of the average market price for these securities on Euronext Amsterdam or Nasdaq Global Select Market. The General Meeting of Shareholders also authorized the cancellation of up to 20% of the outstanding share capital of ASML as of March 24, 2010.
The following subjects were also discussed at the General Meeting of Shareholders:
- The company's business and financial situation
- ASML's Corporate Governance
- ASML's reserves and dividend policy
- Remuneration Report 2009
- The appointment of Mr. F. Schneider-Maunoury as member of the Board of Management
- Updated profile and composition of the Supervisory Board in 2011; Mr. W.T. Siegle and Mr. J.W.B. Westerburgen will retire by rotation in 2011
The presentation given at the Annual General Meeting of Shareholders and the recording of an audio webcast are available at www.asml.com.
ASML is the world's leading provider of lithography systems for the semiconductor industry, manufacturing complex machines that are critical to the production of integrated circuits or chips. Headquartered in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, ASML is traded on Euronext Amsterdam and NASDAQ under the symbol ASML. ASML has more than 6,500 employees (expressed in full-time equivalents), serving chip manufacturers in more than 60 locations in 15 countries.
- Monique Mols
- Head of Media Relations
- Sander Hofman
- Senior creative content strategist
- +31 6 2381 0214
- Brittney Wolff Zatezalo
- Corporate communications manager US
- Skip Miller
- Head Investor Relations Worldwide
- +1 480 235 0934
- Marcel Kemp
- Head Investor Relations Europe
- +31 40 268 6494
- Peter Cheang
- Head Investor Relations Asia
- +886 3 6596771